Monday, March 21, 2011

The First of Many

I was asked in a recent job interview, "What do you do to relieve stress?".  Some people exercise (on my to-do list), knit or crochet, or talk to friends.  I used a combination of those usual responses but afterwards, I realized I truly did not have a concrete answer.  


This blog will become my source of stress relief.  I read the local obituaries every single day.  I look at the ages, careers and family members mentioned.  It may be morbid to some but it's absolutely fascinating to me.  I love reading weird and tragic news stories as well.  


So, I'm going to start this off with the most bizarre story I've ever come across.  It's from 2 years ago but it is definitely a favorite.  I'll let you read the story for yourself or you can just watch the video.  Summarizing it makes me sound like I'm too insensitive. 


Article: http://www.turnto23.com/east_county/19473681/detail.html


Video: http://www.turnto23.com/video/19477111/index.html


It's probably bad that I find this so amusing but I can't help it! C'mon, eating your kids eye ( muscle and all) then hacking away at your ankle with a pickax in your neighbor's backyard?? It doesn't get much more bizarre than that!





No comments:

Post a Comment